BLOG Vacancy: Ebike Mechanic
Exciting opportunity for an experienced bicycle mechanic to join our team and manage the assembly of e-bikes at our Milton Keynes production facility.
In charge of managing a small team responsible for the complete “start to finish” assembly of ebikes at our UK production plant. This is a hands-on role and alongside managing and motivating your team, you will also be a key contributor to the building process.
Reporting directly to the operations manager, you will be provided with all the tools needed to create a slick assembly environment. You will also have the opportunity to make your own mark on this role, as this is a brand new assembly plant for us in the UK.
Experience within a similar bike build environment, or working within/managing a bicycle workshop is essential.
- A formal bicycle maintenance qualification – minimum of Cytec level two (or equivalent)
- 5 years experience within a similar bike build environment or Senior Bike Mechanics role
- Able to demonstrate team management and motivation skills
- Ebike experience and knowledge preferred
- Fully conversant with the complete mechanics of a bicycle essential
- Comfortable with technology and using computers to at least a competent level
- Capable of creating structure and organisation for this department
- A practical thinker, motivated, organised and able to demonstrate common sense in all tasks undertaken.
- Strong attention to detail
- As a senior mechanic we expect you to work with pace and precision, to ensure the daily production targets are met, and to a high standard.
- A good communicator – you’ll be expected to liaise with senior personnel, as well as provide clear information / instructions to your team.
- Approachable character with a strong work ethic.
- Being well organised is critical – this is a busy role with multiple things to keep on top of
- Good timekeeping
- Takes pride in your work and general work ethos
- Managing the full start finish build cycle of our ebikes
- Liasing with operations manager to plan / schedule daily, weekly and monthly production
- Achieving production targets in line with company expectations
- Taking pride in your work environment, and ensuring each bike is built to the highest standard
- Maintaining an organised and clean work space
- Guiding and motivating your team of bike builders
- Checking and signing off final assembled products
- Ensuring company standards are always adhered to
- Manage your teams work rotas – time off, holidays, sick leave etc in line with production demands of the business.
- Liaising with our development teams to share ideas on advancing product, packaging and accessory designs to make the assembly process of our ebikes easier, and to improve the overall products.
- Bicycle Mechanic: 5 years (Preferred)
Full-time role – £20k – £28k depending on experience.
Based near Milton Keynes (Buckingham side)
You would need your own transport to get here, as we are in a rural area. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.
Please send your CV with a Cover Letter to [email protected]