We decided to learn more about what sets his shop apart from the others…
1. What motivated you to open/run a bicycle shop?
I have been in the trade for a total of 18 years, and I felt it was time to do my own thing in my own way.
2. What makes your store different from others?
My shop is different in that the customer only ever deals with me. This means I know what is going on with every aspect of the sale or repair. There is never any confusion between staff, because there is only me!
3. What is the best/favourite location you’ve ever cycled?
Rotorua in New Zealand, Lake Tahoe and Downieville in California, Portes Du Soleil region in France…there are so many!
4. What is the funniest/strangest request you’ve ever had from a customer?
A phone call asking whether I could repair a car’s starter motor!
5. What about the VOLT™ brand and range led you to stock them?
The VOLT™ bikes look good, whereas a lot of electric bikes don’t. Aesthetics shouldn’t be important, but they are!
6. What is your favourite VOLT™ e-bike and why?
Favourite bike in the range is the Bigfoot, as I ride a fat bike myself!
7. What is your top tip for anyone looking to buy an electric bike?
Ride an electric bike, even just a test ride. People who don’t get it will get it when they ride one!
March 13, 2018
February 11, 2014
September 23, 2020
September 18, 2020
September 11, 2020
September 5, 2020